Dispute resolutions/conflicts can be caused by a variety factors including the following:
- Disagreement in methods of approaches;
- Unforeseen conditions and/or changes in market conditions;
- Interruptions in planned activities;
- External factors (i.e. resource changes or new constraints);
- Currency changes and/or regional impacts on global currencies;
- Regional productivity factors;
- and, Terrorism and safety impacts on productivity.
Through years of experience, Belstar has learned that there are many ways dispute resolutions can be evaded. Some preventative steps include:
- Flexible and adaptable comprehensive design;
- Flexible and adaptable contract drawings;
- Efficient project management and experienced personnel;
- Project documentation and global project bench mark experience;
- and, Understanding of temporal versus linear key data points.
Below please find a few examples of the dispute resolution services recommended by Belstar:
- Discussion and agreement intra-organization from lowest to highest level;
- Discussion and agreement extra-organization from lowest to highest level;
- Regional binding, mutually agreed upon GDR procedures;
- and, Umpire, arbitration or court.